Super Easy Pumpkin Pie Recipe with Bakeroo
Whether you’re an expat missing home, or you simply have a love of delicious desserts, there’s no denying Pumpkin Pie is an American classic! We use Bakeroo 100% Pure Pumpkin and Pumpkin Spice to make ours. Full of tasty, natural ingredients these products are great quality, and they ensure a perfect pie every time! So, if you’re in the mood for a seasonal treat, follow our super easy recipe to make your own, delicious pumpkin pie!
- - -
Super Easy Pumpkin Pie
Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- x1 425g tin of Bakeroo 100% Pure Pumpkin
- x1 410g tin of evaporated milk
- x2 eggs (beaten)
- 175g brown sugar
- 2tsp Bakeroo Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 350g plain flour
- 200g butter
- 1tsp salt
- 125ml cold water
- Preheat oven to 200°C or Gas Mark 6
- Prepare your pastry by mixing together the flour and salt. Add the butter, then add the cold water to the mixture one tablespoon at a time. Mix and repeat until the pastry mix is moist and sticking together.
- Lightly flour your hands and a chopping board, then shape the pastry mix into a ball. Next, roll the pastry out until it’s approximately a quarter of a centimetre thick.
- Transfer to a 20cm pie dish, gently pressing the pastry down. Cut off any excess pastry, and then pinch the pastry securely around the inner edge.
- In a large bowl, beat the Bakeroo 100% Pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, and Bakeroo Pumpkin Pie Spice. You can do this by hand or use a mixer. Mix it well, before pouring it into the prepared pie dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean.